April 13, 2005

Well, I guess it was just too good to last. Today started off completely fine, but then evolved into an exhausting day filled with some serious moodiness on my part. On the other hand, tomorrow and Thursday are going to be pretty relaxed, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. And on Thursday we're having a performance of Kauniiden Lasten Saari, and I'm already excited about it. On Friday we have a performance as well, and my whole fan club will be there: Martin, Annika, Jarno's entire family with Katsi, and of course my harp teacher.
To mark this day of woe, I decided to compile a list of things which I can't stand.
1. Anything out of Styrofoam. ESPECIALLY styrofoam cups, plates, or SPOONS. I usually can't eat out of styrofoam dishes without still shuddering from it on the next day. Dea once gave me a ball made out of styrofoam for Christmas just to annoy me.
2. "Hellas" pianos. They sound and feel like rubbish, and the pedal always breaks down. I've managed to break one pedal of a Hellas piano at our school, and I saw another one which had suffered the same fate.
3. Children at the underground station pretending to throw themselves on the tracks when one can hear that spine-chilling sound of the train approaching. (Described as "The sound of people fighting with swords" in Mark Haddon's book "The Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time".
4. People coughing their way through a concert. This is absolutely infuriating for me. Maybe the time it irritated me most was when I saw Madame Butterfly. There's a wonderful orchestral intermezzo, but the audience seemed to find it completely normal to just cough their way through it until the singing started again.
5. Being in a hurry or being late.
The list could go on, but now I'm so tired I'll have to continue it another time. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home