April 05, 2005

Birthday list

My birthday is in exactly a week, so I decided to start of today's entry with a comprehensive birthday present wish list. I thought this would leave my dear friends and family enough time to make proper arrangements for shipment etc. Please note that these are just suggestions, and of course I'm not expecting to get EVERYTHING.

1. A Steinway grand concert piano. Preferably one of the 150th anniversary series, but the one out of marble is a bit over-the-top even for my taste. www.steinway.com
2. The Sony DSC-P200 Digital camera, but if it's too expensive, you can leave out the accessory kit. www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007NLH84/ref=br_lf_ce_0/026-6031640-7116423
3. A one-month trip to the South Pacific Ocean, preferably including overseas transport from island to island and five-star accommodation. www.ebookers.com
4. All of Bach's music on cd. (you might find www.jsbach.org helpful)
5. A grand concert harp. Options include Salvi's Aurora-model (in ebony) or the dazzlingly daring Scolpita-model - www.salviharps.it and Venus' "Penti" www.venusharps.com/Grand-Concert-Harps.htm. Must come with spare set of strings, tuning pin and protective hood, and a bottle of "Calmuril"-cream for softening fingertips (www.yliopistonapteekki.fi)
6. A million euros in cash (This one might be tricky - consult www.google.com)
I can't think of anything else right now, but I'll let you know if I do. This should be enough to get everyone started. I'd suggest instant messaging for planning who's to get what.

Anyway, now to today, which was a really nice day! I actually skipped my first lesson in the morning - music analysis... I just figured I had more important things to do, which was almost true, anyway. My day started with an extremely nice singing lesson. No matter how I feel when I go to these lessons, I always come out in a great mood because of my teacher, who probably should receive some medal for how she treats her students.
Next, I went to Tapiola for a rehearsal of Henriette ReniƩ's "Le pins des charlannes" for two harps - I'm playing it on Thursday together with a girl who just didn't show up, so I had to play it with my teacher. I then went to give a lesson in CM, and the day ended with a Dominante rehearsal, where we rehearsed the B minor mass and some arrangements of songs from the 60's and 70's, which will be performed in May at an "entertainment concert" in Sellosali. All in all a very nice day! Oh, and I saw a woman today on the street who looked like a giraffe and almost made me laugh.
Music of the day: Bach's B minor mass. Preferably performed by The Monteverdi Choir under John Eliot Gardiner or Dominante! In my opinion, the Arias don't really score as high as the ones from Saint John's or Saint Matthew's Passion, but the rest is the best music ever composed for choir and orchestra (at least for now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home