April 04, 2005

Curious incident of the police in the day-time

I just came home after visiting Pasi. He is tomorrow starting his career as a civil service worker (applause, everyone!!) and wanted me to tell him something about Lapinjärvi, the place he will have to spend four weeks in. Of course he can come home for the weekends. Talking about Lapinjärvi brought nice memories back of the summer of 2003, when Mummy and Dea were in Damascus and I used to spend the weekends with Daddy and then leave to Lapinjärvi every Monday at around six in the morning. Also, I remember that summer, because it was one of the hottest summers ever in Finland...
Today, when I came home in the afternoon, there were two police vans outside our house. When I took the elevator up to my floor I realised the policemen were all there. They asked me which apartment I was going to and I told them which one, and they saw me in. Apparently there was some problem with my neighbour. I wondered whether a gruesome murder was involved and was already expecting the police to ring on my door and ask me whether I had seen anything suspicious, like in British murder mysteries. However, the police left after around ten minutes (those peep-holes in doors come in handy sometimes...).
I today found out that Diala, my aunt from Damascus, is a passionate fan of this blog. I hope she'll soon post a comment!
Yesterday, I was at a party of Dominante and came home at around 1.30. Today, I spent most of the day at Museokatu, watching TV. I also changed my sheets, did some laundry, and enjoyed the incredibly warm weather outside. I actually felt hot in my winter coat. A sure sign summer is coming!!! I also enjoyed the tv series Six Feet Under, of which I bought the first 13 episodes on DVD from England. This is absolutely the best TV series I've ever watched!! www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder, but if you don't want to know what's going to happen in the episodes which haven't yet been aired in Finland, you'd better steer clear from the episode guide.
Oh yes, and on Friday was Annika's, Martin's and Zsolt's combined birthday party, which was really nice.
Good night now!
Piece of the day: Richard Strauss: "Beim Schlafengehen" (the last of the Vier Letzte Lieder) Preferably performed by Elisabeth Schwarzkopf
Book of the day: Mark Haddon: "The curious incident of the dog in the night-time" - I read this book in one day while I was still jet-lagged from the trip to New York. Everyone in our family is a fan, except for Daddy, who hasn't read it yet. Currently the TOP 22 book at Amazon.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home