March 17, 2007

Weekend

Today's eight-hour Messiah-marathon rehearsal started promisingly when one of the altos burst into tears during the first five minutes. This provided a good opportunity for choral conducting students like me to brush up their people skills. In general though, the rehearsal went fine, and I have to say I have never ever seen so much food at a choir rehearsal. Everyone had packed lunch for an army and I came home so stuffed the only thing I could eat for dinner was a Marillenyoghurt Traum mit Pfirsisch (and some pieces of Milka's Nuss-Nougat Creme chocolate).

Maria, on the other hand, decided it was time for a gourmet dinner and invaded the kitchen by frying liver, the strong aroma of which delighted everyone in the house (the doors are being kept shut). Jana and Anna are off to ski tomorrow. They certainly seem to be making the most of their time here and are never at home. Thomas just came to my room to tell me about his hike outside Graz today, and the Hungarians (Petra's best friend is visiting) are probably somewhere out partying again, grabbing the attention of about 90% of the nightlife scene's male pairs of eyes (sorry for this sentence but it's really late and I'm not going to start taking it apart).

The last nights have been somewhat short - Thursday night was spent in Kulturhauskeller, much more pleasant because it was a bit emptier, yesterday in Propeller and watching a film at home. The alarm clock shall not sound tomorrow, but as soon as I get up it will be time to snap out of this neverending weekend atmosphere and get myself to KUG. There's work to do. Thomas and I have agreed to cook up our street's best pasta tomorrow evening - something of a once-monthly tradition. Unfortunately, Monday is again some sort of saint's day, which means I'll probably not have money on my cell phone, food stocks will run out and we will all despair in our boredom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home