February 28, 2007

Stoned

Finally something to put a smile on my face. Nothing else than Israel's entry for this year's Eurovision contest - being held in May in Helsinki, of all places. Apparently, the piece is a protest against nuclear weapons and the refrain goes something like this: "And I don't wanna die, I wanna see the flowers bloom, don't wanna go kaput-kaboom." Hilarious! Maybe I should fly over to see the performance.

Lauttasaari, September 2003
It's not that there wouldn't be other things to smile about, but I think that it's time for the vacations to end. The trips have been made, there are no more nights out to look forward to, and my bank account has hit an all-time low. The party's over. This moment, for instance, I feel like I've been sitting at the computer doing lots of things and at the same time doing actually nothing at all. Google Earth is great but what's the point of gazing at Tirana from space? Sure, Wikipedia is a fun way of spending some time in cyberspace but what's the point. And I wasn't even able to listen to a choir concert I was really looking forward to on the Finnish radio. My motivation is gone.

South-Eastern Turkey, June 2006.
The other Finnish exchange students are going to spend the evening at Three Monkeys and although I was not going to go, now I think anything is better than spending another evening waiting until it's time for bed. And maybe there's something wrong with me anyway, since all the other foreign students always seem to spend time with each other. For everybody's sake, I hope I won't end up giving a sugary karaoke performance like last time. I'll probably be too sober for that anyway.

Napo Province, Ecuador, December 2005.
Well THIS entry really ended up being a bag of laughs. Especially when it's accompanied by the Real Group chirping away with "Everybody needs somebody to love yeeeeah".

1 Comments:

At 01 March, 2007 01:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Israeli entry was Supér! ;)I had to advertise it to all of my friends too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home