January 28, 2007

Every blade of singing grass

This is a BBC-like "Week in pictures"-post. I've also added a selection of highlights from the past seven days:

- Sight-reading Finnish choral music with two French people in my room and realising how much they enjoyed it.
- Gazing out at the dark snowy hilltops from the train to Leoben.
- First Schnittke Requiem rehearsal with the instrumentalists: the climaxing movement of the piece, Credo, is like an ecstatic cacophony suffused with, among others, latin rhythms on the drums and the sopranos braving an inhumanely high note.
- Being officially accepted in Graz's Spanish mafia (after initial skepticism over my "Ecuadorian lifestyle")
- Yesterday's concert with Chor Pro Musica Graz.
- This moment, listening to Sting's "I was brought to my senses" and getting my thoughts together.


Our front door during Graz's rainy season. Monday.


A tempting selection on a display screen. Leoben railway station. Tuesday.


View from my room. Friday.


Natasha and Adria taking a short pause from Schnittke.


chor pro musica graz backstage. Saturday.


Sunday morning on our balcony.


In Romania, they say that seeing an airplane in the sky means somebody loves you. My flatmates have stopped counting since they came to Graz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home