February 27, 2007

Odd one out

After weeks of keeping a harmonious and calm household together with Petra, we are now bracing ourselves for the three new exchange students arriving in the weekend and, of course, the return of Thomas from ze France. Of course it hasn't been just the two of us all of the month: Transfer Flatmate C will pick up her stuff any day now, and my sister was here visiting last week (you might notice her trail on my top 10 songlist). It's been fun, but ultimately this is not an apartment for two and so it'll be fun to have some life back here again.

26.2.2007 Train pictures chapter XXXIII.
However, the start of the new term also means we need to go through our supplies to see if we can last until the summer. Personally, my first investment would be a new air freshener spray for the toilet - the current one has been around for who knows how long and, if you ask me, actually makes the place smell much worse. And we're still dreaming of that mega-sized fridge.

22.2.2007 Zagreb central square's main attraction.
The two days in Vienna were nice. Highlights included a visit to the Syrian embassy (I couldn't believe they have those faded pastel-coloured posters the Ministry of Tourism has produced probably decades ago - my favourite is the one with the surfer, maybe Syria's short coastal strip will yet become the surfing community's mecca?), one of the best museums I have been in (Kunsthistorisches Museum) and an a cappella concert at the Musikverein. Lowlights: Viennese waiters and the rain.

23.6.2003 The Ă…land islands.
This blog will soon start its third year. I know quite a few people who don't feel very comfortable reading blogs - they much prefer personal emails or perhaps see blogs as a modern way for egoists to shout out about their world into cyberspace. I can't really compare blogging to writing emails - for me they are a world apart and I have never not written an email because I've thought "oh well, he/she can just as well read my blog". As for the purpose of keeping a blog: while this website may seem like a self-righteous online diary, rest assured that there is much more to my world than what you see here :) Thanks for reading!

1 Comments:

At 28 February, 2007 17:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool picture of ME !! and yeah i can find a couple of my songs on the playlist :D haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home