March 02, 2007

Nightlife


Yesterday evening, chor pro musica was having another painstaking rehearsal of "Messiah" with me accompanying ("All we like sheep...", "And He shall purify...", "Hallelujah...", "What shall I make for dinner today..."). In the pause, one of the singers started giving out invitations. She came up to me and gave me one of the little purple envelopes. "I hope I got your name right", she said. She did. While others greedily ripped open their envelopes, I saved mine for later. When I opened it, I felt a strange sort of happiness that only seemingly small things make you feel - I am invited to a baptism and a garden party after that. It might appear a small thing but it still makes me smile to think about it. I can feel my "feminine" part stirring: what to put on?

After the rehearsal, I determinedly walked away before being sucked into the nearest pub with the general flow and headed home, stopping only at Rosamunde to get a kebab. We now have two new flatmates, both of them from the Czech Republic. One of them brought more things with her than I have ever seen, including boxes full of food! I hated to be the one to break the news to her and introduce our minisized fridge. Because of exclusively female arrangements I know nothing about, the grand rooms are going to be multicultural this time. It'll be a Hungro-Czech union next to a Romano-Czech princess paradise.

Otherwise, Petra and me have been walking around our silent house like zombies, desperately waiting for a prince to come and wake us from our slumber or an earthquake to bring some action into our lives. Maybe we shouldn't be complaining since next Monday will put us back in turbomode again, with my schedule full for 12 hours straight.

Transfer Flatmate C came by today, sporting a completely new look (hair, clothes, no eyeglasses) which made her completely unrecognisable. Something happened to me in the shower yesterday (very funny) and my neck has been hurting since. Oh well, I've been told one of my characteristic features is moving my eyes around without moving my head, so maybe this is life's way of laughing at me. Ha ha. My computer mouse has gone all tipsy on me - maybe the batteries are low.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home