August 29, 2006

A picture I'm proud of


Taken at Sulkava last weekend, this picture more or less captures the atmosphere in the forest just after a raging thunderstorm passed us.

Less than four weeks to go before moving, and feelings are very mixed. The closer the day comes, the more often I have to ask myself why I am going. The answers, of course, are just as obvious as they have been for months, but still it feels as though the mind is playing tricks and it sometimes takes me a while to even remember I won't be here anymore in a month. When people ask when I'm leaving, it sometimes takes a while to remember what they are talking about.

Living each day without a routine and taking care of practical stuff whenever I remember it is, in a way, tiring. Of course it's great to not have a fixed schedule, but the deceptive thing about it is that at a time it feels like I don't know what to do with myself, and at times I'd rather not think about the pile of stuff to take care of - insurance, apartment matters, new passport, renew driver's licence, to name just a few.

This might sound absurd, but as much as I am excited about flying to Austria on the 25.9., I have to say that I already can't wait for the day I'll come back!

1 Comments:

At 30 August, 2006 07:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear,

In order to go, you have to leave. And that's maybe the hardest part. Just... courage. And even though everybody says that this is a good thing and you should go, don't mistake that we wouldn't miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home