August 18, 2006

Things aren't always what they seem


Sometimes, I like to go to the boat pier on Töölönlahti to lie down and watch the sky. It feels nice to be in the middle of one of the world's capital cities and still be completely alone. So this is what I did today.

The stars were lighting up in the sky and I was watching them, when suddenly one of them seemed to be moving. First I thought I was imagining, but the longer I looked at the star I realised I had to follow it with my eyes and it passed one of the other stars. It was way too high up to be an airplane, and anyway it didn't leave a trail in the sky so I got really confused and looked around to see if anyone else was watching. I thought it might be a comet very far away, but that seemed far-fetched.

Suddenly the star got bigger and started swaying back and forth. Then it got a shape - a speck of pollen from a flower. It came next to me and fell into the water.

*picture from the internet.

2 Comments:

At 18 August, 2006 22:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 21 August, 2006 22:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could almost make lyrics for Ultra Bra from that!

Kind of reminded me of Anna Ahmatova's "Sinä päivänä kun synnyin"

But that polen was probably not from a chestnut :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home