November 20, 2006

Another Monday post

I woke up today to various alarm clocks in the house before my own one burst into its annoyingly chirpy monotony. My body felt like it was glued to the sheets, and my first thought was: "At least it's not Monday". Well, as it happened, it was Monday. Breakfast in a hurry - I'd like to know just how long Monica is planning on displaying her culinary skills for the rest of us. We're on day three, and I know some meals actually get better as the ingredients mush deeper into each other, but I don't think they include vegetable stew.

On the way to the university, I felt a faint wave of nausea when passing Rosamunde, our ever-faithful kebab-pizzeria (student discounts on all pizzas). The day's first lesson went nicely, and things definitely started going uphill with a visit to the library. The aptly named Frau Scherzer, who runs it, is the best librarian in the world - Finnish counterparts are often so depressing, don't you think? I listened to some Wagner in the cd library, presided by an alarmingly pale blonde whose head is always stuck in a huge book of crossword puzzles. She always seems so dazed I feel like striking some wild folk dance infront of her to see whether there is any reaction at all.

It was already raining when I walked to the catholic student union's cafeteria for lunch. The food was just a little better today than it has been the last few times - I used my last lunch coupon on some stringy meat and soggy brussels sprouts, then walked back to the Kunstuni for the second lesson of the day. I came home then, and passed by our neighbours' to pick up the contract they had made for our use of the internet. Now I really understand the meaning of Austrian bureaucracy, but after taking a good look at all the small print we naturally signed the contract. The mailbox was depressingly empty again (well, at least today's Finnair plus letter was better than last week's S-market customer newsletter!!) - I don't know what's taking Airliner World so long.

Today's harp lesson was fun - we have a group lesson tomorrow, and I'm supposed to play my variations I've been working on for ages (by a certain John Thomas). I spent about half an hour practising the same three bars the other day and they are still a nightmare. By the way, the next time I don't know what to write about, somebody remind me that I have to write an entry on harp classes in music universities. Believe me, they deserve a chapter of their own!

After the harp lesson, I indulged in some window shopping (again) with a friend. Now I'm at home, finally, and on my second cup of tea. Anita is finally back from Hungary (but things will be back to normal after tomorrow - she's going back for a night) and we just gathered in the Romanian room. Everyone seems to have had a really tough day, and Silvia decided the time was ripe to bring out her stash of chocolate bars while Petra lent Thomas, who was falling asleep on the sofa, her absolutely huge soft teddy bear. It's going to be a very busy next two days, so it's time to wrap up this entry, say "come and go", and go to bed.

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home