September 11, 2006

Snowball in my mind

I'm having increasing trouble in finding inspiration for these entries. Obviously, there is a lot going on in my mind right now, with just under two weeks to go before moving. However, to write about all of my thoughts and things I have to do in the next few days seems somehow useless and I really don't think anyone would want to read about those things, anyway - this is a blog and not a public diary.

I have a list in my mind of things to really look forward to before buzzing off, and this list seems to be growing shorter every day. One of them was definitely spending two days listening to choirs at the international Harald Andersen chamber choir competition, which was organised by the Sibelius Academy last week for the second time. Contrary to what the jury decided, I thought it was wrong to not award a first prize to any of the choirs - however, my two favourites shared the second prize, and one of the choirs has finally convinced me with their recording that Frank Martin's mass for double choir a cappella is a great work.

But there still are things before the 25th worth waiting for, perhaps most of all our trip to Nuuksio national park, just outside Helsinki. We'll go to hike in the autumnal forest and spend the night in a cottage with a sauna. Everything else for those days has been put on hold - I can't imagine many nicer things to do before leaving the country for some time.

I'd better wrap this up and publish the post before I read it over and decide to delete it because it ended up being exactly what I didn't want it to be. I even tried to spice the entry up with a picture, but it seems blogger is having difficulties with that right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home