May 25, 2005

Today, I.....

...Enjoyed a tender moment with my harp together with Bruckner's eighth symphony. The symphony lasts over 70 minutes and the harp part altogether around 3. It consists of slowly but brilliantly arpeggiated chords, and is one of the very few harp parts I can already play... roll on, Berliner Philharmoniker!!

...had an exasperating 30 minutes which consisted of trying to get out of the house - first, the washing machine took much longer than I thought, then it wouldn't open, then my travel card was missing, then I threw the garbage, then I remembered I had to return my parents' vacuum cleaner, then I remembered I had to make my shopping already in the morning because I was going to have a late day, then I tried to adjust my sunglass clip-ons onto my glasses but they wouldn't stick........

... Spent the whole day in a t-shirt, trousers and sandals. Yesterday, my thermometer put the temperature at 36 degrees celsius, but then on the other hand, I am on the highest floor....

... Spent six hours working at Cantores Minores. It was my last day of work before the summer. First, together with Timo Pihkanen, we wrote, printed and signed about 30 certificates which we later gave out to the students in a traditional ceremony. Then, I listened to entrance exams - out of 10 boys, we took nine. After that, we had a teachers' meeting.

...Came home as the sun was setting behind the clouds, made two sandwiches, sat down at the computer and started seriously looking forward to my three-and-a-half weeks in Syria, which will begin in a month.

1 Comments:

At 10 November, 2005 03:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dani,

As a result of reading your blog "Today, I.....", I think you will discover my site on college entrance tests a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ... reading tests for college age students, act/sat college prep tests, interest and aptitude tests for college students, act college tests, college assessment tests, college career tests, attitude and groundwork for college entrance and college entrance exam study sheet.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Regards
Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home