June 28, 2006

Plans and pics


In the coming weeks of my holiday, I am going to…

…read
Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina (at least start it),
Penguin’s The New History of the World (bits and pieces),
some Finnish contemporary literature (open for suggestions)
Thrillers (Michael Connelly, Ilkka Remes etc)
The newspaper
The info package about my exchange year

… watch
The second season of my favourite TV show, “Six Feet Under” (see above), on DVD
A movie with my free ticket

…meet
Friends at my home
Friends at their home
Friends outside

…get to know
More choral music essentials (Finnish and foreign, secular and sacred, accompanied and unaccompanied)
More symphonic music (Mahler, Beethoven...)
More bars and restaurants in Helsinki

AND!
Play the harp until I can’t make out the strings from each other anymore.
Start running around Töölönlahti again.
Go to sell stuff I don’t need at the flea market.
Spend hours at Akateeminen Kirjakauppa (particularly the travel section)
Have breakfast or a late drink with a book in Café TinTin Tango
Go to Ireland with Mikko (check his new website on the sidebar)

_____________________

Yesterday, a record-breaking 30 people visited this blog! Thanks for reading everybody. Here are some pictures I took yesterday!


Damascus World Cup - Football fever grips the city.

Evening in Damascus, with Mount Qasioon in the background.

Two beauties waiting for me in bed.

7 Comments:

At 28 June, 2006 13:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody's homesick... :) This corresponds to my list from last summer, made in Rovaniemi. The last ones were:
- oma sänky
- oma ELÄMÄ
But I do feel for the Tree which was COMPLETELY ignored!!

 
At 28 June, 2006 15:15, Blogger Dani said...

This doesn't necessarily mean I'm homesick :) But I think it goes without saying that the Tree will get my fullest attention as soon as I am back!

 
At 28 June, 2006 17:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No niin! Hyvä olla haasteita;) Onnea matkaan:D

mikko

 
At 28 June, 2006 21:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What charming ladies!

Anna Karenina is quite nice (and ambitious), but you'll be lost with the names after 10 pages :D

 
At 29 June, 2006 07:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa!
Was just wondering... lost with the names? Cause I don't remember being lost, although... the book is so long that eventually you'll be so familiar with everybody that maybe I don't recall being perplexed at the start. Sorry Dani for exploiting your blog in these literary purposes... :)

 
At 29 June, 2006 16:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was lost in the beginning. Being it my first Russian novel ever I was not so familiar with the way of changing people's names according to the speaker etc.

I'm sure literary purposes are acceptable :)

 
At 05 July, 2006 12:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brave of you to confess you hadn't read anna karenina until now.. But it's never too late for redemption! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home