March 09, 2006

Miscellaneous

When it comes to copycards, I'm cursed. I don't know what their real name would be but I mean the cards I buy for inserting in copying machines in universities everywhere here for taking copies. They come in denominations of 20, 150 and more copies. Anyway, it's definitely more sensible to get one of 150 copies but since the cards are always mysteriously vanishing from my wallet, I've given up. And it's infuriating to have only two seconds to take that one precious copy and realise you don't have the card. When this happened to me last time, I asked the girl next in line whether she could lend me her copycard just for taking one single copy.
I couldn't believe it when she asked me how much I would then owe her. I told her, probably less than 5 cents and left it at that. I just counted that it's actually seven cents, but I just can't believe that person. So much for camaraderie among students.

Today's metro trip from Ruoholahti to Kaisaniemi, which I make at least once a week, was suffused with an ethereal quality when a black small feather started flying infront of me in the carriage. It appeared out of nowhere and floated in the air, swaying back and forth just one meter from my eyes. When it headed in another direction I almost felt like following it. I'm quite sure I did not imagine this. Maybe I should look up "black feathers" in a book on symbols and omens.

Other extraordinary happenings during the last days include one of my neighbours marching into my apartment with a huge floorplan of my apartment. She had just bought one of the apartments under mine and wanted to check whether my walls were the same as hers because she wanted to do some tearing down. Until we figured out what exact wall she was talking about (I used to be good at making floorplans but looking at a floorplan of a place where I've lived for one and a half years now isn't as straightforward as you'd think) she had been given a tour of the place (except for the bathroom, although we almost used that for orientation). To cut a long story short, I don't have the wall, and she's ecstatic because that means she can tear it down, too. Whatever.

2 Comments:

At 14 March, 2006 11:51, Blogger Katsi said...

Haastan sinut!
Katsin haaste

 
At 16 March, 2006 19:46, Blogger Stephu said...

kiitos teille esiintymisestä, oli hienoa, kunhan selvisi alkujärkytyksestä.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home