June 18, 2007

Black and white - a fragment of thoughts

Last August, I wrote in this blog: "This might sound absurd, but as much as I am excited about flying to Austria on the 25.9., I have to say that I already can't wait for the day I'll come back!". If everything goes as planned, that day is less than two weeks away from now.

I've always been good at storing and archiving memories and lately I have been letting some important ones from the last nine months play through my mind like a movie. Sometimes when I'm in the tram, on my way to a rehearsal or just taking a nap, I listen to music and let it accompany my string of thoughts. Most of all, what I see is faces of people. Sometimes I look deep into their eyes. There are all sorts of memories: some among the best ones of my life but also bad ones, memories which I know will stay for me forever, and memories which may seem trivial and unimportant but actually define very well who I have become here. And sometimes a memory pops into my mind which I had thought I had forgotten - yet there it is, triggered by some little word, thought or sight.

I feel an incredible peace of mind right now. I'm getting ready for bed. The window is open and the curtains are drawn. It is raining outside and there have been some strikes of lightning. I've had a long and fulfilling day. Transfer Flatmate C gave me a cd of French jazz and I'm listening to it now. Two doors away in the kitchen, Thomas is cooking for a friend. My cell phone just announced the arrival of a text message but I'm in no hurry to read it. Earlier I got a huge surprise when I got a very unexpected postcard.

There are things I'm really looking forward to and things I'm afraid of. However, the near future seems irrelevant to now. I'm leaving in less than two weeks, but I'm not thinking about that now. Now is the best moment.

2 Comments:

At 19 June, 2007 16:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i mean could u get more sentimetal!! i'm weeping here :D!

 
At 19 June, 2007 23:42, Blogger Dani said...

HEY!!! I'm allowed to get sentimental now and then :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home