September 14, 2005

IN MEMORIAM 12.1.2004-13.9.2005


My faithful eyeglasses have now been replaced with now ones. But then, it seems like I'm the only one who can tell the difference between the thin and round frames enclosing the lenses which just weren't good enough for me anymore with the slightly edgier (and larger) spectacles I inaugurated yesterday. Then again, I'm the only one who can see the difference in more senses than one - I no longer have to squint when turning towards the bookshelf from where I am sitting now.

My previous glasses were special in that they were the very first glasses I ever used. Everything went perfectly from day one, when people said they fit me so well they hardly even realised I was wearing glasses. I also got used to the glasses very quickly, and remember forgetting them home only once.
However, there were also times when they were a pain in the ass.

Like the time one of the lenses just came off and I had to quickly come up with a plan b as an alternative to my already-packed schedule a day before travelling to Moscow, so that I managed to get them repaired. And how can I forget the day when I woke up on a perfect morning, groggy but refreshed, and the sunlight outside inspired me to strike the harp and play a few lush chords to start the day, only to hear a crunching noise from under my backside.

Sh*t happens!
Good night.

1 Comments:

At 14 September, 2005 22:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home